Let's get one thing absolutely straight. You are the artist. We provide the software. At no point do we own your work. Nor do we own the content you write. We don't even own the photographs of your work. The work is yours and, as far as we're concerned, always will be; we are just providing you with the best vehicle possible to showcase and sell it.
Let's reiterate... we will never attempt to claim copyright of your work.
However, if you choose to use Artfolio you will be granting us license to use the images you have uploaded to our servers. We may use these images in several ways:
- To display your work under your own domain name (obviously)
- To display your work in the Artfolio Artists' Gallery and search facility
- To use photographs of your work as a demonstration of the quality of both the work of Artfolio's customers and Artfolio's services.
If we need to use photographs of your work for any other reason we will always seek permission first.
Every time we may use your photographs there will always be an appropriate credit - this could be the display of your name, a link to your website, or some other method. You have our word of honour that we will always attempt to use your photographs to cast you in the best possible light.
Intellectual Copyright of Photographs
Please be aware that if you have contracted a third party to take photographs of your work the copyright of the resulting photographs (in general) belongs to the photographer - not you. Before you upload the photographs to your website you must gain all necessary permissions to do so. In uploading your photographs to the Artfolio servers we assume that:
- The photographer has granted you permission to use the photographs in this manner
- The photographer, by proxy, has given Artfolio permission to use the photographs in the manner described here.
- The photographer accepts that the Artfolio website, if it uses their photograph, will be unable to give appropriate credit to the photographer.
You accept all legal responsibility for the use of photography on both your website and on Artfolio. If we believe you are infringing copyright laws appropriate action will need to be taken.